Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Teddy the Traveler

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Teddy has departed Dallas for his descent to Australia.  My poor friend who has been keeping him graciously woke up at 3 a.m. to hand him off to the relocator representative.  From there, he traveled with Teddy from DFW to LAX.  During the ten hour layover, he visited the vet for one final check and sign off on paperwork.  Poor thing will be so exhausted from the stress that I'm hoping he will just sleep his way across the Pacific.  Wishful thinking.  Once he arrives, the thirty day stint in "puppy prison" begins…
Kennel is official and all marked up!  So intense. Saying goodbye to his sweet Auntie!

What we once thought was a "nice" boarding facility with a "personal" caretaker, more research shows that they do NOT walk or exercise them as a part of their regular routine.  It is your responsibility to set up appointment times (which are only open Tuesday and Thursday from 1:3-3:30) to walk them or hire out someone else on top of the daily boarding fee.  Mind you, its a two hour drive away from our place...and we will be gone three out of the four weeks he is there.  Can you believe that?!  I find it appalling and hard to imagine sending a larger dog there that is used to being walked twice a day.  Ok, I know some of you are thinking "its just a dog..chill!". But after going from sleeping on feathered pillows and plush duvets, our spoiled pup ain't gonna be too happy.  So, to ease himself of permanent psychological damage, we have found a service that visits Teddy four times a week..twice to play, groom, and "cuddle" (per the website haha) and twice to run around and fetch toys.  Yes, I am being a bit overly dramatic...but all jokes aside, I think it will comfort us (and Ted) while we are away.  They even send us pics from every visit!

Speaking of being "away", we have decided to flee the country!!  Not because we don't love it here, but we are off to Singapore for six nights and then Phuket, Thailand for nine nights to celebrate our two year anniversary!!!  It has always been a dream to visit the place R grew up, so we thought now is the chance!  Asia is so mysterious and unknown to me and I can't wait to dive right in…hope R remembers some of it, as Singapore has apparently changed and westernized a lot since he left in fifth grade.  Then, it's off to the beautiful island of Phuket for some R&R.  We will send a few updates during our stay if we have time!

Congratulations to my sorority sister on her wedding this weekend in CO!  Great to see so many Alpha Chi's reunited :)  made me smile when I heard they played "I Come From the Land Down Under" song hahaha. Also, happy fifty-six years of marriage Mema and Grandad!  My Aunt and Uncle gave them an iPad so we could all chat! Gotta keep up with the times…I'm pretty impressed.  My other grandma, Gappy, has a webcam and skypes with me! I hope I can be as "hip" as them when I am a grandma. Thinking of my Grandad today as he is celebrating his birthday as well :)

We are looking forward to seeing South Pacific at the Opera House with friends on Friday night before our departure!  Going to a nice dinner before the show that has "better steaks than Texas" apparently haha we shall see!

On the menu this week:
Chicken parmesan bake, chicken tacos with mango-avocado salsa and mexican rice, and fresh pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.

Hope you all have a great week!
Kels

1 comment:

  1. Kelsey, aww I bet you guys are sooo excited Teddy will be there soon! Chara flew (an hour) from Korea to China and she did great. I know Teddy will be okay. It sounds like he's being taken care of! I didn't know Ronnie grew up in Singapore! That's awesome! I hope you guys have a wonderful anniversary! Can't wait to see all the pics!

    ReplyDelete