Monday, March 11, 2013

To Bake Or Not To Bake

Catching up this week and getting back into the groove…here is what has been going on lately.  I don't want the summer to end!
Tranny Bingo!  There's a first time for everything.  
The life of Teddy.  
Proof that my neighbor, Anne, spoils him…she is holding his ears back as she feeds him raw meat. 
The best time of the day for Teddy...when R comes home from work!  Happy pup.
Mail time!  Little surprises this week from the coolest vintage valentines day card, to a bag of stylish valentines goodies, to a fancy wedding invitation.  Also, R's mom shared this timeless photo of her parents on their wedding day.  Love. 
A cute neighborhood find, My Little Cupcake.  I found these adorable heart measuring cups and cupcake liners that inspired me to get to baking.  
Mid-week stretch!  Teddy admired R playing basketball from afar while I dove into a new book on the sideline.
So much for baking..I picked up this cookbook/guide called "I Quit Sugar" on a whim to see what it was all about.  No bueno.  I mean, the book is great and has a lot of helpful information, but it made me realized just how much sugar R and I consume.  I thought we were doing so much better with eating plenty of fruits and natural foods…but this lady doesn't think so.  Sugar is sugar and she claims that some of the highest fructose snacks are found in health food shops. Blahhh.  There is an 8-week program to quitting sugar (omg) but I'm not convinced yet.  I have never done anything extreme when it comes to my eating habits. 
Another spontaneous fireworks show!  I love this city.

This week in the kitchen:
Great to make a big batch for a weeks worth of lunches.
Spinach and Rocket Salad with Avocado, Feta, and Egg with Potatoes and Fruit
Whole Wheat Pasta with Zucchini, Tomato, and Basil and leftover turkey meatballs.



No comments:

Post a Comment